It is completely and utterly normal; indeed part of being human; to feel a bit low sometimes. However, we’re more wired to experience negative emotions than positive ones. And the worst part is, it is in need of treatment otherwise it would lead to something more serious like high-functioning depression.
In this case, society tend to put more pressure on men since men was thought to be strong as solid stone nothing can break, ironically, this stereotype confused thing since the beginning. We all know societal norms have bad impact for men to ask for help. Just like in Hollywood movies, men chose to killed himself rather than begging for life. Although there is targeted support now for men, help-seeking behavior such as talking to someone about their difficulties is still far lower. The bad sad truth is, people I know continue commit suicide over explaining sh*t they’ve been through. Sigh…
For men out there who’s fighting your battle alone, we’re on the same shoes. I’m going to write some kind of self-healing tips since we can’t speak out our pain. Therefore, as a protective factor for both physical and mental health- dust off your legwarmers and try some of these tips.
- Self-talk. Sounds silly but I do it all the times. We’re all need listener and it’s always good to have someone we can share things with. Sometimes, I talk to the sky, sunsets, dog or cat. Trust me, it helps a lot.
- Create a “Good Times” folder in your own f*cking brian idiots. We spend most of our times alone ’cause by meeting people, we’re afraid to be asked “How was your day?” Nothing feels quite right, but it is better to say I’m fine rather than explaining why it’s not. Since we enjoy our lonely moment, we notice as many as details about the environment, so the “Good Times” file is a pleasant sensations that we can revisit at a later point in times.
- Music is another powerful way to activate feeling of anxiety. It’s also enhances inspirations, strengthens meaning in life and can get your body moving. Not much to say, I knew you have your own playlist.
- Reminisce with photograph. It doesn’t matter whether these are old-fashioned, printed photos or galleries on your smart-phone. The important thing here is to connect with the past through photographic images to remind us how far we have come.
- Get a hobbies. Anything that can transport you to a particularly comforting time; cycling, swimming, reading, writing, cooking, or even go to the gym. Whatever to bring you back to feeling warm, safe, and cared for. Not only when things get tough, but on a regular basis to soothe a frazzled modern mind.
By practicing these tips, keep in mind that it not always gonna work, but give yourself a try. By tuning into positive events, you will give yourself a gift for future tough times and truly appreciate life in the present.
Never give up on life. Keep fighting your battle. Believe in yourself. Whatever it takes, don’t ever think of committing suicide. Just don’t!